By: Isha “Ice” Cole
Time is flying people! We are already in Week 9 of the 2010 NFL season! On a good note, so far this week Reggie Bush was able to practice a little bit, Peyton Manning is about to make his 200th career start and the Detroit Lions have sold out a game!
On the flip side, UrbLife.com is bringing you the bad and the ugly after Week 8’s antics! Cast your vote below, and tell us your own top disappointment for this week!
1. The Minnesota Vikings‘ released wide receiver Randy Moss. Vikings head coach Brad Childress wished they never made the deal to bring Moss to their team in the first place. Luckily for Moss, the Tennessee Titans picked him up! Let’s see how this works out!
2. Receiver Kenny Britt is out with a hurt right hamstring and may miss between six to eight weeks. The Tennessee Titans star was injured during their match up with the San Diego Chargers, which they lost 33 to 25.
3. Washington Redskins head coach Mike Shanahan benched Donovan McNabb during Sunday’s game, and they still ended up losing 37 to 25. The Skins were down by six when McNabb was taken out of the game with just under two minutes left in the fourth quarter.
5. Terrell Owens took a jab at his ex team mate Donovan McNabb. On Owen’s latest reality vehicle The T.Ocho Show, he claims that he understood why McNabb was taken out of the Washington game, because the QB had the same problem getting the Philadelphia Eagles two-minute offense going. Now Owens, maybe you should pay more attention to your Cincinnati Bengals (2-5) and concentrate on winning more games? How about that!?
7. Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker James Harrison was hit with yet another fine, this time $20 thousand for a hit on New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees. It was only last month when Harrison questioned if he should retire after shelling out $75k to the NFL for two flagrant hits. Harrison must not get the point, so retirement may be the move he wants to make!